Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My New Ubuntu Natty Wallpaper II


I felt creative after borking my system's video again. This time I was trying to get Unity working by down-reving  both my Xorg server and the proprietary nVidia video driver. All I I got for my efforts was a screen full of scrambled pixels.

Unity more or less works on my system if I use the open source Nouveau driver. (Other things break... the Nouveau driver 3D stuff is not ready for prime time.) I can also use the nVidia driver with Unity 2D, which is probably being improved even as I write. I'm not real crazy about the Unity desktop environment, 2D or otherwise. It seems to be a great leap backwards. I'm not sure why I don't deep six the whole fricking thing and move on. I must have too much time on my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment