Thursday, May 27, 2010

Project Euler Status Report



Today I cracked not one, but two Project Euler problems: numbers 76 and 63. Woo-hoo! For the longest time I was stuck, but persistence finally paid off. My score is now 72.  I should not have been stuck for so long, but it is what it is. I'm not the best Project Euler competitor by a very long shot. I don't have great knowledge of  number theory and algorithms, but I'm working on it. Now, at least I know what "partition" means in number theory.

Knowing the correct math terminology makes it much easier to research solutions. I need to spend some more time with a number theory text, pencil and paper. I never thought I would spend time on this kind of math...

By the way, yes, the "private email" listed in the image will connect to me. It's not the best way, but it will work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment